Love of My Life

Love of My Life
My Princesses and Princes

Monday, May 23, 2011

Project Kek Lapis Oren Howflakes

Asalamualaikum...dua minggu x update blog...bukannya x de projek...adaaa..tapi malas nak share sbb tak successfull..Macaron experiment lg...dah 3 kali saya cuba try test...so far ...still yg 1st project tu je saya happy..ada feet tapi berjerawat, 2nd time still ada jerawat.. and 3 rd one... x de jerawat and x de feet pun!! Tension...tu laaa sebab saya x de mood nak berstory mory...but now I have 2 project to `Show Off' ( fuh berlagak!!) ha ha

I  made this cake last Saturday, nak update semalam ...letih la pulak..sbb 1/2 day semalam dah pergi berguru...Again I followed Rima's recipe.click here..really like her blog. baaanyak betul recipes yg saya nak experiment. Mcm biasa i must bawa my experiment product to office...dah ada pun yg berkenan terus order..Alhamdulillah....Dear Rima...pls let me put the recipe here for my future reference ye...

Kek Lapis Oren Howflakes

Ingredients
(A)
300 gm butter ( pun follow tuan punya resepi I used Anchor unsalted)
150 gm caster sugar ( I used 100gm shj)
14 egg yolks
5 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
I tsp vanilla essence

(B)
150 gm caster sugar
7 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar

(C)
180 gm Hong Kong flour
1 tsp baking powder

(D)
1 tsp orange colouring
2 tsp orange paste

(E)
Asam Howflakes secukupnya( I used about 50 pcs yg size 50 sen)

Method
  • Preheat oven 180C for 15 minutes. Prepape yr baking tray(I used 9 x 9 )
  • Combined ingredients (A) in a mixing bowl and beat on high speed for 10 minutes till creamy.
  • Add in egg yolks one at a time while beating until well blended. Pour batter in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
  • Ingredients (B) - in another bowl whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar until frothy, add caster sugar a little at a time and continue to whisk till medium/stiff peak( about 5 minutes)
  • Add in the sifted ingredients (C) to the butter mixture, fold in gently to combine.
  • Pour in the egg whites , mix until evenly mixed, divide batter into 2 parts, one part is mixed with ingredients (D) and the other remain original flav./ colour.
  • Weigh yr batter and divide it by the number of layers you want your cake to be( i used bigger tray than Rima -each layer about 115 gm)
  • Bake layer by layer altenating between plain and orange batter using upper fire( 7 minutes each layer or until turn golden brown), add howflakes on top of every orange layer( I used 25 Howflakes each layer)
  • Bake the last layer using upper and lower heat for 10 minutes, if yr top gets brown easily cover top with aluminium foil.
I have extra howflakes left so I used it to deco on top of the cake.
Finally I want share this photo jugak.. My Power Rangers...sibuk komplen...Mama ni asyik ambik gambar kek aje!!



No comments:

Post a Comment